Sunday, July 13, 2008

Saunders at Rye Harbor

www.SaundersatRyeHarbor.com

I'm not going to take up too much space here writing about Saunders. I just wanted to make sure I wrote something about it since I am tired of being disappointed by restaurants that have such great potential. Saunders at Rye Harbor has this great location right on the water in Rye, one of the few restaurants that do north of Hampton beach, but it's just so dirty and the food....I can only think of one word, BLECK! I am fairly certain that the carpeting in there is older than me and I don't think this spot has had a "face lift" in my lifetime. It's as if the owner decided to order everything they possibly could frozen, fry it in butter or oil and sell it to the public at fine dining prices. Its gross, do not go there. Even if you are lured by the Reggae music on their deck on Sundays, which will cost you a ridiculous $10.00 to get pass the unfriendly, rude hostesses that hang around the deck wishing they were 21 already. Saunders gets a big VETO and a wish that they would sell it and let someone come in that has a clue on what to do with a jewel of a location.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Saunders was located anywhere else on the seacoast they'd never be able to get away with the fine dining on their sign. Just because it's located in Rye doesn't make it fine dining or even edible. Nice view of the harbor though.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! It smells like a nursing home and the menu is far from fine dining.