Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MOJO'S BBQ-Portsmouth & N.Hampton, NH

Maurice Buckley (MO) and Aaron Jones are very familiar faces
here around the Seacoast of NH. They finally took a giant leap together and opened Mojo's BBQ. Maurice says his father is the
person that taught him everything he knows about the BBQ
business and it all started when he was 10. Lucky us!
I think a the key ingredient that Mojo's has that many seacoast restaurants are lacking is good customer service. When I visit them, I always feel welcomed and they make me feel that my
business is appreciated. The secret here is the sauce. It's sweeter than it is spicy and
it is finger licking good! I always tend to lean towards sweet or tangy sauce vs. spicy when it comes to BBQ and they have it covered here! The sauce is called Big Moe's Arkansawce and is rightly named after Maurices dad. Mo has been selling it for about 7 years and it is available in retailers around the seacoast and of course at the two Mojo locations. I recently visited Mo at their new N.Hampton location on Rt. 1 and was glad to see them already growing. They took over a small space that use to be a catering company so the seating is limited to a few tables on the porch outside, but of course you can always order some great tasting ribs to go! I would recommend the chicken wings, the BBQ chicken and the the pulled pork sandwich. The side dishes range from mac and cheese to greens and all filled with southern flavors. The only side I am not a big fan of is the baked beans which I find to be a little too soupy (sorry fellas). Although Mojo's isn't a smoke house BBQ joint, its well worth the visit when your up for some good food at reasonable prices!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first time I went there, the food was great, especially the wings. However, it seems it got worse since. The meat is kind of dry, which forces you to add tons of sauce. The portions vary, you never know how much you will get. Very inconsistent!
On the bright side, they make the food fast.