Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lattitudes at Wentworth By The Sea



Enjoy a light-hearted take on the region's culinary bounty in the comfortable atmosphere of this marina-side restaurant. At the bar near the fireplace, by the tall windows or out on the teak deck, the bistro style menu features local ingredients prepared with flair and presented with full attention to detail. This is one of my favorite if not my favorite seasonal restaurant on the Seacoast of NH. It opens around Memorial Day weekend and finishes up its season around Labor Day weekend. I truly look forward to seeing what's new on the menu as well as enjoying the comfort of the menu gems that are standard. Sitting up on the 2nd floor deck this past Memorial Day with friends, I began my meal with the Tasting of Grilled Stone Fruit small plate. It is new to the menu this year and was excellent. There was a peach half, a nectarine half and a plum half each with crumbled Great Hill Blue Cheese and a smear of pine nut puree. For my main course, I indulged in what is my first Lobster (LOBSTAH if you are a true New Englander) Roll ($19) of the summer season. I opted for the double side of the fresh made Apple Cabbage Slow over french fries and enjoyed every bite! They don't hold back on over stuffing the bun which is served open face. I recommend a few dishes that are always available which are the Bite Size Angus Burgers (3 for $10) off of the small plates menu and then the Ocean Breeze salad with either the Lobster Salad ($18) or the always delicious Toasted Almond Chicken Salad ($12). One more special dish I would like to mention is the very well known Latitudes "Raw Bar" which is a tower of chilled, poached Maine lobster, jumbo shrimp, Oysters, Alaskan King Crab Legs with a side of Tomato Horseradish Sauce. This delectable dish has plenty on it to share and runs at market price. I foresee a wonder season yet again along the water at Latitudes. Cheers!

No comments: